Postdoctoral position available (closed)
M. B. applications 2018/06/19
Postdoctoral Position, Mapping Big Data Systems
Applications are invited for a Postdoctoral fellowship at the University of Barcelona to work with Prof. M. Ángeles Serrano and Prof. Marián Boguñá at the Department of Condensed Matter Physics and UB Institute of Complex Systems (UBICS). The position is funded by a "Fundación BBVA" grant.
This is a postdoctoral position with a salary of €29,700 per year (before taxes) for one year renewable until june 2020. There will be additional support for conference travels.
The discovery and understanding of the hidden geometry of complex networks have become fundamental problems within Network Science giving place to the field of Network Geometry. The research will focus on mixing of machine learning and statistical techniques for an efficient embedding of very large networks in hidden metric spaces to produce meaningful maps. We will create an online platform to host an atlas of network maps, and where scientists and interested people can produce theirs.
- A PhD in Physics, Computer Science, Computer/Electronic Engineering, or other relevant discipline is expected.
- Expertise in complex networks
- Excellent software development skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written (English)
Informal queries about this position should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested applicants are requested to submit
- a Curriculum Vitae including relevant publications and the name and contact details of 2 referees
- a one page cover letter explaining your interest in this specific position
Submissions should be sent by email with subject “MBDS Application” to email@example.com.
Interviews will be carried out as soon as suitable candidates are identified.
To successful candidate is expected to start in September 2018, or before (if possible).